Friday, July 23, 2010

Busy Week


I haven't had time to post all week - but I will give you a quick update. I am very lucky - this week has been taken up by festivities for weddings for two friends. Alexis and Carey are getting married in Nova Scotia, so we can't go, but I spent the weekend in Jasper drinking too much with Alexis and some other friends. And between the wedding of Yvonne and Tim and my friend Rebecca's ride in support of Cystic Fibrosis research (I told you about Brian's ride to conquer cancer, but Rebecca also rode her bike from Vancouver to Calgary - incredible!) I have been able to see my friends from grad school. Grad school was an ordeal in and of itself, but in those years we all had our innings with breakups, marriages, divorces, babies, sick parents, loss of parents, moving, new jobs, and new jobs again. They're a special group - and not just for the history we share. They're funny. Really funny. All of them. That's a rare thing - people who are truly witty - so I'm grateful.

Should be an interesting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment